Can I take Advil if I’m breastfeeding?
Not unless recommended by your physician. If you have any health conditions or are taking other medications, it is important to talk to your doctor before taking Advil.
Natural ways to relieve pregnancy pain
Dealing with the aches and pains associated with pregnancy can be a challenge, particularly if you have been instructed to avoid consuming pain medications like Advil, Motrin, Tylenol, Aleve, or Excedrin. Here is a list of alternative solutions to help you manage your pain during pregnancy.
- Use a heat pad or warm compress for throbbing and headaches (*do not soak in a hot bath or tub)
- Use a cold compress for inflammation
- Wear a maternity belt to reduce back pain
- Get a prenatal massage
- Rub on essential oils like peppermint, eucalyptus, or arnica
- Get acupuncture
- Try prenatal yoga or swimming
- Visit a Chiropractor
- Meditate and do breathing exercises